How to delete split-up accounts?
If you have created a split account via the Working Trial Balance you will see a screen as illustrated above. Should the line you try to delete have any balances, you will get the above error message.
Steps to follow:
- Open your CaseWare file
- If this split-up account has balance, then you first are required to enable its deletion by performing the folling:
- Click on Tools
- Click on Advanced and tick Allow deletion of split-up accounts with balances
- Click OK
- Go to the working trial balance.
- Click next to the account number of the main account
- A “Split-up Accounts” dialogue box will appear.
- Select the split-up account that needs to be deleted and click “Delete”.
- Once deleted, click Close. Your split-up is now deleted.
(Popularity = 1/100, Rating = 3.0/5)