When I import my trail balance from Pastel into CaseWare Working Papers, I get a ‘Btrieve error 3012’, how do I resolve this?
The first solution would be to re-install the updated version of the Pervasive Software.
As an alternative, you will need to export the trial balance from Pastel into Microsoft Excel then import from Microsoft Excel by following the steps below:
1. On the CaseWare interface, select ‘Engagement’ then ‘Import’.
2. Select ‘Excel File’ as the source of the import.
3. Browse to where the Excel file is saved then click on ‘Next’.
4. Deselect the rows you are not using such as table headings and totals then click on ‘Next’.
5. Select the account number, account description and the balances by right clicking on ‘ignore’ on the relevant columns in order to label the columns. Then click on ‘Next’.
6. Under advanced specifications, tick next to ‘Clear balances of periods being imported’.
7. Click on ‘next’ then ‘import’.
(Popularity = 16/100, Rating = 0.0/5)