How to resolve HTTP Error 500.19 Internal Server Error when opening ITR12
What is the cause of the error?
In the Detailed Error Information
section take note of the reason for the error
How do I resolve this error?
The above error relates to insufficient permissions on a file web.config
located in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\
- Navigate to the above location and locate the web.config file
- Right click on it and select Properties
- Then click on the Security tab
- Under the Group or user name window you will notice that Everyone and Authenticated Users are not on the list.
- Click the Edit Button
- The dialog box for the Permissions will appear
- In the Permissions For Web.config dialog box click the Add button
- In the “Select User, Computers, Services Accounts, or Groups” window, under the Enter the object names to select, type everyone;authenticated users;
- Then click Check Names followed by clicking on OK
- Select each Group from the list and ensure that the Full control checkbox has been ticked under the Permissions for everyone section.
- Click the Apply then OK to save the changes
- Then open Taxware and run ITM again to confirm the error has been resolved.
(Popularity = 18/100, Rating = 0.0/5)