How do I resolve "unhandled exception JIT error" when opening a report?
What is the cause of this error?
On the error screen scroll down to the Load Assemblies
section to see which file or module has the issue.
Notice that the JIT error is pointing to a file called mscorlib.dll
located at C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727
Navigate to the location in the error from windows explorer and search
for the concerned file with the issue (the mscorlib.dll
file in this example).
Right click on the mscorlib.dll
file and select Properties
and take note of the File version
In this example, the said file had a different File version to that of other SecWare machines. We also noticed that the problematic workstation had windows 7 while the other was on windows.
Enabling .Net Framework 3.5
and requesting the client to reboot their machine did not resolve the issue.
How do I resolve this error?
Before completing the following steps ensure you have SecWare installation CD or setup files at hand and downloaded Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5
: Download Now
- Uninstalled SecWare, Crystal Reports from Control Panel and deleted the SecWare.net folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\CQS
- Install the newly downloaded .Net Framework 4.5 and restart the workstation
- Reinstall SecWare along with all its components (Crystal Reports).
- The mscorlib.dll file located at C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 will updated successfully to 4.5.XXXXXX
- Install SecWare 126.96.36.199 and the register report should open successfully without any errors
(Popularity = 5/100, Rating = 0.0/5)