On the CIPC portal when you submit using the company registration number; you can only submit once using that registration number. So you would not be able to submit for the holding company as well as the group since the group, in effect, uses the same registration number as the holding; the latter submission would override the former. The entity will have to submit the consolidated statements showing the group figures and the holding company figures. The consolidated figures are tagged as consolidated and the holding company figures are tagged as ‘separate (or single) entity’ figures.
- An entity (Holding/Group) can submit their financial statements to CIPC by having a valid company registration number.
- A company/CC can only do one submission per registration number;
- CIPC requires that a Group of companies each submit their individual separate financial statements to CIPC and the consolidated set for a holding company and its subsidiaries.
- For Group sets the Holding company registration number must be used; avoiding the scenario where group or holding company submission override the each other’s figures CIPC require the following:
- Use the Registration number of the Holding company for Group and Company submission, thus you need to have the Group and Holding company figures in the same set of financial statements and tagged appropriately.
- Group figures are tagged with the Consolidated dimension and Holding company figures tagged with the same tags with the difference that the dimension used will be separate figures.
How to submit Group / Consolidated figures to CIPC in IXBRL format
(Popularity = 24/100, Rating = 0.0/5)