History and milestones
Moved the History and Milestone features from the Document tab to File | Version History
You can now automatically generate milestones when you save changes to a document. Enable automatic milestones for a specific document in File | Version History | Options
To prevent inflating the engagement file size considerably, each document stores a maximum of 10 automatic milestones. New automatic milestones replace the oldest milestone in the sequence. You can rename automatic milestones in the History dialog to exempt them from the 10 automatic milestone limit.
Imports and exports
- Copying Excel data to CaseView now automatically retains the format of negative values based on the copied content.
- When saving a file as PDF (Export, Print) or RTF (Export), you can now view an existing file from the browse window to copy and modify the file name.
- When saving or exporting a PDF or RTF, the dialog now includes a default file name and the last save location.
- The spacing for top and bottom page margins is no longer retained if an embedded PDF document does not have a header or footer attached.
Knowledge Library Index (KLI)
Improved the comparison between the library and document content in the KLI Preview Chooser dialog. Differences in the content display highlighted for your convenience. To view the comparison in a separate window, click the Compare icon.
When comparing content, scrolling with your mouse wheel will now move both sections simultaneously. To move only one section, drag the scroll bar.
You can now add multiple icon columns to the KLI Preview Chooser dialog. Each column now supports multiple icons. There is a 12 pixel limit for the size of the icons.
CaseWare Working Papers
- Fixed a scaling issue where some pages would overlap in the Print Preview dialog.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some Excel documents from saving as a PDF.
- Fixed an issue causing some PDFs to appear as read-only in the internal viewer.
- Fixed an issue where file names containing accented characters would cause erroneous synchronization conflicts.
- Fixed an issue where synchronization conflicts in child copies were not triggering an event if the parent file was inaccessible.
- Fixed an issue where Working Papers would stop responding when deleting a sync copy with a file extension exceeding 16-characters.
CaseWare Africa Releases
All templates listed below have been updated to be compatible with CaseWare Working Papers 2018. All owned templates must be downloaded and installed as part of the update process.
A link to the CaseWare Working Papers 2018 installation guide is also provided under installation instructions.
CaseWare Working Papers 2018 additional resources
- Read our release FAQs here
- Book for our release webinars, events and training here