I have done a rollover for CaseWare Time and I am trying to do a rollover for TaxWare and SecWare but I receive an error, how do I resolve this?
Answer:Please make a backup before attempting to do this rollover.
The process of doing a Year end Close for TaxWare and SecWare on an integrated practice is to update the path on the two programs.
This can be done in two ways, manually or on the program itself which is easier.
To perform the resolution manually for TaxWare:
- To do this manually Close the program| Open SQL Server | Navigate to the database
- Navigate down to TWPractice | Edit Top 200 rows
- On the CRM Path, change the CaseWare Time file name from the current name to the new name
- Click on the Tab button to save the changes
- Scroll down and change the update number from 1 to zero
- Close and reopen the program
- Check for the error message and the integration under the practice tab on TaxWare.
To perform the resolution manually for SecWare:
- You do the process over only for SecWare you open the SWDATA file on the SecWare database.
- You change the CaseWare Time file, the file name on the path and the database name (e.g. Time15 to Time16 )
- Open the CqsAdmn database. Right click on BL table and Edit Top 200 rows
- Delete the row for TaxWare and SecWare. (The will be recreated when you open the program and updated with the new file name)
- Remember to to select execute or select the Tab button on your keyboard to save the changes
- Then open SecWare.
(Popularity = 42/100, Rating = 0.0/5)