How to revoke/move or transfer a CaseWare License.
BOOK NOW FOR FREE
We also have a free webinar taking place soon that deals specifically with this process and other implementation guidance, with a live Q&A session with one of our CaseWare experts.
The License Revocation process has been implemented to allow for licenses to be returned to the license server where they can either be reused or cancelled (in the event that a client is reducing their license count). Answer:
Before making infrastructure changes in your firm, we recommend revoking licenses from any workstations that could be affected, as these environmental changes could invalidate the workstations current license and require re-registration.
Changes that could trigger this include Domain membership changes, computer name changes, and re-imaging/republishing of workstation images.
To begin the revocation process; on the Tools
tab, in the Licensing
group, click Licensing | Revoke License
or press Ctrl+Shift+R
to open the License Revocation Wizard
Alternatively, you can find the option under the file view:
Automated Revocation Process:
1. Select the Automatic Revocation
option which is the recommended method of revoking the current license. Click Next
2. Fill in the applicable fields and click Next
3. Click YES
to automatically revoke the license over the internet.
Manual Revocation Process:
The manual revocation process will require a ticket to be issues in order to revoke the license, this is done via email.
1. Select the manual revocation option and click Next
2. First step is to Obtain Revocation Permission
from CaseWare Africa Support.
3. Fill in the applicable fields and click Next to send and acquire a permission ticket from CaseWare Africa Support (firstname.lastname@example.org)
4. Once you acquire the permission ticket from support, select Revoke License.
5. Browse and locate the permission ticket or type the permission string in the field provided.
6. Click Next
to complete the revocation wizard.
(Popularity = 16/100, Rating = 0.0/5)