How to perform a Year End Close.
There are two methods of performing a Year End Close by either creating a new client file or performing a Year End Close from within the same client. If closing into the same file, it is recommended a backup be made prior to beginning the Year End Close process.
Method 1 – Performing a Year-End Close from within the file
1. On CaseWare, select ‘Engagement
’ then ‘Year End Close’
2. Select new file name for the new file. Do not browse to your previous year’s file.
3. Tick the following check boxes:
- Update prior year balance data
- Update Case View roll forward cell
4. Then click on 'OK
Method 2 – Performing a Year-End Close by creating a New File
1. Open CaseWare Working Papers.
2. In the top left hand corner of the screen, select New
then create a name for the new file.
3. Select the template you would like the file to be based on and then select ‘create and import data’
4. Select ‘Existing File
’ then click on ‘Next
5. Browse to the file that you would like to roll forward to the next year.
6. Select ‘finish’. Note: Only click on finish once during this process.
7. Log into the file and the ' On file new wizard' will appear
8. On the file new wizard, tick on all the tick boxes.
9. Then Select ‘Continue
(Popularity = 18/100, Rating = 0.0/5)